Last updated on May 8th, 2022 at 12:31 PM
Featuring a colourful display with The Mandalorian series-inspired watch faces, these kid-tough, swim-friendly fitness trackers come with a corresponding Star Wars adventure on a parent-controlled smartphone app that motivates kids to reach the recommended 60 minutes of daily activity.
With a battery life of up to 1 year, kids can show their Star Wars spirit day and night, no recharging needed. New Garmin band styles in peach leopard and cosmic black are also available with game-based learning, world tour-themed app adventure.
“The vívofit jr. 3 continues to be a hit with our youngest users,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales.
“Kids are eager to meet their activity goals to see what happens next in the app adventure. We are excited to share these new designs and interactive stories with this next generation of Star Wars fans.”
A Star Wars experience
Two different etched band designs let kids choose between The Mandalorian-themed band and an eye-catching, green Grogu-themed band.
The colour screen can be customized with an exciting selection of watch faces featuring popular characters from both The Mandalorian and the entire Star Wars saga.
Relive the most exciting scenes of the Star Wars saga with the corresponding companion mobile app, Skywalker SagaTM – A Star Wars Adventure. With an adult as their helper, kids will experience the thrills and unforgettable moments of the epic Skywalker story.
Enhanced graphics let kids experience the exciting adventure of escaping Darth Vader™ with R2-D2 and C-3POTM, helping Han SoloTM and ChewieTM fight the Empire, and even taking on the First Order™ with ReyTM and BB-8™. The more they meet their activity goals, the more they’ll get to see.
With the Mandalorian as their coach, Fitness Training cards teach kids basic exercise moves, like jumping jacks, downward dog, mountain climbers and more. The fun continues with an interactive Tap Challenge that lets kids collect virtual collectibles across the galaxy. When kids meet daily activity minutes, they’re rewarded with more time in the mobile challenge.
More than a fitness tracker
- Tracks steps, sleep, and daily recommended activity minutes, shaping habits for lifelong health and fitness.
- Meeting daily activity goals unlocks new levels in the interactive Garmin Jr.TM mobile companion app with adventures that correspond with the band’s design.
- Downloadable time screens and an “in case of emergency” widget that displays contact information
- Timed activities let kids track steps and estimated distance during playtime, sports practice and more and view their activity later in the Garmin Jr. app.
- Encourages friendly, whole family competition with Toe-to-ToeTM step challenges.
A helping hand for parents
The vívofit jr. 3 is a valuable tool for parents with the Garmin Jr. app where parents with a compatible device can:
- View their child’s activity, sleep, chore data and more. A great way to tell whether to cut back on screen time, adjust bedtimes, balance responsibilities between siblings and more.
- Assign chores and schedule alerts that show up as icons on the display, letting kids who can’t read know what they need to be doing. These chores can be set up to recur weekly or daily to help kids learn about schedules and responsibility.
- Encourage good behavior with virtual coins that can be redeemed by children for agreed-upon rewards.
- Parents can enable “Kid Mode” in the Garmin Jr. app to allow children limited access to monitor and check off their own chores and to view the latest mission in their app adventure.
The vívofit jr. 3 has a suggested retail price of $89.99 and is available now on Garmin.com.