Garmin have announced the vívofit® jr. 3 kids’ fitness tracker. Icons and character images pop on the colour display, and the new larger square shape lets kids feel like they have a grown-up fitness device, just like mum and dad.
Garminonce again collaborate with Disney and Marvel with character-themed bands and mobile app adventures starring Disney Princess, Disney The Little Mermaid, Black Panther and Iron Man. New Garmin designs and adventure app also available.
“The vívofit jr. 3 is a great way to keep kids moving in a fun and exciting way,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Kids are motivated to meet their activity goals in order to see what happens next on the corresponding app adventure. Parents will also appreciate vívofit jr. 3 as a tool to add some structure to their child’s routine with the ability to assign chores, set reminders, and reward good behaviour.”
More than an Activity Tracker
- Tracks steps, sleep, and daily recommended activity minutes, shaping habits for lifelong health and fitness.
- Meeting daily activity goals unlocks new levels in the interactive Garmin Jr.TM mobile companion app2 with adventures that correspond with the band’s design.
- Downloadable time screens and an “in case of emergency” widget that displays contact information
- Timed activities let kids track steps and estimated distance during playtime, sports practice and more and view their activity later in the Garmin Jr. app.
- Encourages friendly, whole family competition with Toe-to-ToeTM step challenges.
- Kid-tough etched band available in both character-inspired designs and colorful Garmin designs.
- Swim-friendly with a battery life of up to one year, no recharging needed.
A Parental Personal Assistant
The vívofit jr. 3 is a valuable tool for parents with the Garmin Jr. app where parents with a compatible device can:
- View their child’s activity, sleep, chore data and more. A great way to tell whether to cut back on screen time, adjust bedtimes, balance responsibilities between siblings and more.
- Assign chores and schedule alerts which show up as icons on the display, letting kids who can’t read know what they need to be doing. These chores can be set up to recur weekly or daily to help kids learn about schedules and responsibility.
- Encourage good behaviour with virtual coins that can be redeemed by children for agreed-upon rewards.
- Parents can enable “Kid Mode” in the Garmin Jr. app to allow children limited access to monitor and check off their own chores and to view the latest mission in their app adventure.
New Styles, New Adventures
Disney Princess and Disney The Little Mermaid
Kids can take their favourite Disney Princesses along on every activity with two different character-etched band options. A white Disney Princess band features a variety of princess insignia, including Belle’s rose, Snow White’s apple, Rapunzel’s sun and more.
For those who dream of adventures Under the Sea, the vívofit jr. 3 also comes in a seafoam green Disney The Little Mermaid design. Kids can choose from 12 different Disney Princess time screens to complete their princess-perfect look.
Every day, kids have more to explore and games to play when they reach their daily 60-minute activity goals. In the corresponding mobile app, Magical Kingdoms: A Disney Princess Adventure, kids will unfold new adventures and uncover the different magical kingdoms with Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan and Rapunzel.
Fun Facts pop up along the way, teaching kids the benefits of exercise and activity.
Marvel Black Panther and Iron Man
With two different options, a black etched Black Panther design and a red etched Iron Man design, kids will find their power in style with a Marvel-themed vívofit jr. 3. Kids can choose from 22 different Avengers time screens to complete their look.
With an Iron Man or Black Panther band, kids progress in Infinity Saga: A Marvel Studios Adventure as they reach their daily 60-minute activity goals. With a parent as their helper, kids will unfold new adventures and relive the most exciting moments of the Infinity Saga alongside their favourite Marvel heroes.
They’ll help the Avengers stop Loki’s destructive plans, save the world from Ultron and even travel through the quantum realm to take back the Infinity Stones and defeat Thanos.
The more they meet their activity goals, the more of the story they’ll get to see and games they’ll get to play. Fitness Cards with coaching from their adventure companions teach kids basic exercise moves.
Garmin Blue Stars, Digi Camo and Lilac Floral
With bright etched band designs in blue stars, digi camo or lilac floral, and a variety of time screens to choose from, kids progress in an educational globe-trotting adventure with the Garmin World Tour mobile app experience.
As they reach their daily 60-minute activity goals, kids, along with a parent as a helper, will unlock fascinating new locations, take educational pop quizzes and fill in their virtual scrapbook with memories of their amazing adventures.
They’ll explore the pyramids of ancient Egypt, learn fitness moves that will help keep them warm in Antarctica and even encounter sharks in the Great Barrier Reef. The more they meet their activity goals, the more of the story they’ll get to see and games they’ll get to play.
Fitness Cards with coaching from their travel companions teach kids basic exercise moves like jumping jacks, downward dog, mountain climbers and more.
Pricing and Availability
The Disney Princess, Disney The Little Mermaid, Black Panther and Iron Man vívofit jr. all SKUs are available now on www.garmin.com/en-GB/with a suggested retail price of £79.99. With vívofit jr. 3, the adventure never ends. Kids can swap out their band with a different design and gain access to the corresponding app adventure experience on the parent-controlled mobile app (bands sold separately, RRP £27.99).
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionised the wellness industry. Committed to developing wearables and health measurement tools that help people of all activity levels lead healthier lives, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.
For more information, follow at facebook.com/garmin.uk, instagram.com/garminuk, twitter.com/garminuk or youtube.com/garminUK.