Last updated on March 17th, 2023 at 06:59 PM
The Walt Disney Company and the National Football League (NFL) have teamed up with Junk Food Clothing to create a capsule collection of NFL team-themed apparel, which launches today with designs featuring Disney Mickey Mouse and characters from the Star Wars galaxy and Marvel universe, prior to the 2021 NFL Draft, taking place April 29-May 1 in Cleveland, Ohio. This is the NFL’s and Disney’s most extensive co-branded apparel collection together.
The collection offers unisex short sleeve T-shirts with the following as retro art designs:
- “The Mickey QB” Tee – Mickey Mouse strikes a quarterback pose in heritage NFL team uniforms.
- “The Avengers Throwback” Tee – 1970s-era comic book character art of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk accompanies NFL team names in the iconic slanted font.
- NFL team names are redrawn to honor the title script font from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back on two different designs:
- “The Rebels Team” Tee highlights the characters Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia,
- “The Empire Team” Tee features the characters Darth Vader, Boba Fett and stormtroopers.
“The NFL continues to reimagine our consumer products through standout collaborations that capture the essence of the brands involved,” said Joe Ruggiero, Senior Vice President, Consumer Products, NFL. “This collection, which launches ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft, features retro designs that will appeal to new and existing fans alike. We are excited to celebrate characters people adore such as Mickey Mouse, Marvel’s Captain America and Luke Skywalker designed alongside the NFL teams they love.”
“We are always looking for ways to engage with our fans in new and unexpected ways, and this collaboration with the NFL allows us to do just that,” said Josh Silverman, Executive Vice President, Third-Party Commercialization, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing. “Fans can now celebrate their favorite teams and characters from Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, and all in time for the 2021 NFL season to begin.”
The Mickey Mouse, Star Wars and Marvel inspired collections are now available at NFLShop.com, Fanatics.com, JunkFoodClothing.com, participating Lid’s and Rally House stores, NFL team retail locations and on-site NFL Shop retail locations at the NFL Draft in Cleveland.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.