Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 05:14 PM
ASICS takes a major step forward in its commitment to get the Web3 community moving with the launch of the new ASICS x Solana UI Collection.
Featuring custom-made GT-2000™ 11 running shoes, customers will automatically receive a loyalty ASICS Badge NFT with purchase, with a chance to receive an airdrop of a limited number of ASICS x STEPN GT-2000 NFTs.
The shoes are exclusively available to purchase with USDC digital dollar currency via Solana Pay at ui.asics.com and available for pre-order for a limited five-day period from November 4 – 8.
Exclusively Designed for Everyday Activity
In a move to deliver on ASICS’ Web3 mission to create world-class experiences that get the global Web3 community moving, the collection has been exclusively designed for everyday activity.
Suitable for all abilities, the GT-2000™ 11 performance running shoe is available in two custom designs: “light mode” and “dark mode”.
The understated Solana-inspired design comes from the user interfaces (UI) on computer and phone screens to symbolize a healthy balance between screen time and physical activity.
ASICS Shows Future of Web3 Commerce
The first ever globally distributed physical product available to order using USDC on Solana Pay, ASICS has brought the best of physical and digital commerce together to provide a seamless end-to-end customer experience:
- Borderless:Anyone in the world can buy as many shoes as they’d like
- Instant: Global purchases in USDC digital dollar currency powered exclusively by Solana Pay, a decentralized payment standard and protocol built on Solana
- Rewards: Automatically with their purchase, customers receive ASICS Badge NFTs which will unlock access to future tokengated ASICS rewards and experiences
- Tokengating: ASICS Badge holders have an opportunity to receive a tokengated airdrop of ASICS x STEPN NFT sneakers, which can be used to play the powerhouse Move and Earn app that brings people to a healthier lifestyle by rewarding them with tokens for being active
- Global efficiencies: The limited pre-order window reduces inventory and increases overall efficiencies in the production process – ASICS won’t make or ship more products than are purchased
Commenting on ASICS latest announcement, Joe Pace, Director of Web3 and Digital Goods at ASICS says, “The launch of the ASICS x Solana UI Collection is a major step forward for ASICS Web3 commerce.
We’re proud to leverage Solana Pay and partner with STEPN to help us scale our mission to inspire the global Web3 community to create healthy habits with our products.
Building on learnings and successes from our Sunrise Red and Genesis STEPN collections, we’re excited to continue delivering world-class Web3 experiences.”
“As a first mover in this space, ASICS is leading the industry by showing how customers and brands can come together around tokengated experiences that provide ongoing e-benefits to both sides,” said Josh Fried, Head of Payments Business Development at Solana Labs.
“Furthermore, by using USDC payments on Solana Pay, ASICS is breaking down geographic barriers to facilitate transactions around the world and showing just how much more can be done with Web3 commerce.”
The shoes can be purchased for $200 USDC and are available for pre-order globally now HERE until Nov. 9 at 6:59 AM UTC.
For more information visit ui.asics.com