The Vokey WedgeWorks 60 A Grind – a low-bounce lob wedge designed for golfers playing in firmer course conditions who have a shallow delivery – is now available through WedgeWorks.
Wyndham Clark won the U.S. Open gaming the Vokey A grind, using his lob wedge to make several clutch up-and-downs on Sunday at Los Angeles Country Club. Tom Kim has had his WedgeWorks 60A in the bag for each of his three PGA TOUR wins, and Max Homa switched out his usual 60.04L lob wedge for a 60A at this year’s Open Championship to adjust for the firmer conditions at Royal Liverpool.
“The most important club for me, probably in my bag, is this A grind,” Clark said. “I use the SM9 60-degree A grind, which is a low bounce 60 that is very versatile. I’m able to – on tight lies, rough, wet lies, firm lies, whatever it is – hit the shot I want, and with the amount of spin I want, trajectory and everything.”
The 60A was born out of feedback from former U.S. Open champion Geoff Ogilvy, who had been playing Vokey’s popular L Grind.
“I spoke with Geoff (Ogilvy), and we got on the topic of Australian golf courses and how they compared to courses in America and around the world,” said Vokey Tour Representative Aaron Dill.
“I asked him some specific questions which resulted in an idea to design another lob wedge grind option that complemented the firm links-style conditions that players face – not just in Australia and Europe – but globally.
- Forward Center of Gravity progression: The CG has been raised vertically by adding weight to the topline design, where a tapered pad at the back of the toe helps align the CG properly without being visible from the playing position.
- New patented spin-milled process for maximum spin: A new spin-milled cutting process in the SM9 models – which includes tightening our allowable tolerances – produces consistently sharper grooves wedge after wedge, resulting in a higher, more consistent spin.
- Six unique toe engravings
- Stamping options | 10-character Straight/Freestyle stamping; 15 characters around the toe and two lines of 10 characters each
- Flight Lines alignment feature
- WedgeWorks 60 A Grind can also be custom-ordered with an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands and ferrules. For a complete list of options, visit www.Vokey.com