Last updated on March 8th, 2022 at 08:18 PM
It’s fast approaching ‘cycling season’, and as more workers return to the office, Swapfiets (the company previously dubbed the ‘Netflix of Bikes’) and their new Power 7 e-Bike are expecting to see renewed interest from commuters.
Exciting times lay ahead for the brand in the UK’s capital in 2022, just in time for the government’s £3M funding boost to cycling infrastructure around the city.
Swapfiets is a pioneer of the bike subscription model and this progressive and cost-effective platform is the first of its kind to be available in London, making bike rental easier than ever for cycling novices and aficionados alike.
What do you get?
Aside from total piece of mind – all subscribers will receive a delivery straight to their front door including:
- A lock
- Anti-theft protection
- Maintenance and repair service on demand
- Guarantee that is there is any problems the bike will be swapped out for another model in 48 hours or less
‘Cycling season’ is upon us
The brand has enjoyed sustained success in continental Europe (260k subscribers across all bike models) with strong popularity in countries such as the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark and was previously voted one of the top 10 fastest growing companies in 2021 by the Financial Times.
And as the UK weather starts to improve, coupled with the highest rise in public transport costs in London in over a decade, Swapfiets is here to provide commuters with a healthier and hassle-free option.
How does the business model work and what bike options are available?
Swapfiets operates a circular business model. Every part of the bicycle is designed to be easily repaired, replaced or recycled, extending the product’s life cycle and eliminating waste.
Swapfiets has something for everyone:
- Power 7: With 7 gears, 25km/h top speed, 100km range and with a battery life of 7.5 hours, this is a fantastic option for Londoners wanting to enter the E-bike market (subscription from £74.70 per month)
- Deluxe 7: This model has 7 gears, hand and coaster brakes, ring lock + chain lock included, plus a hub powered LED light, all for an affordable monthly subscription fee (early bird London price of £15.90)
- Original: For those individuals who are looking to dip their toes into the world of cycling and perhaps begin commuting to their place of work, this model could be the perfect option. Great value for money, with this one speed coming with a custom roller brake and a ring lock + chain lock for £12.90 (early bird London price)
All bikes come equipped with reinforced puncture-resistant tyres, a double AXA lock, luggage carrier and superb lighting for enhanced safety – a first for the UK. Plus, you’ll be able to spot a Swapfiets bike a mile away, with their signature front blue tyre leading the way. You can’t miss it!
Bicycles can be taken for a short test ride from the Swapfiets store located at 58 Commercial Street. New members can sign-up in the store or at www.swapfiets.com.