Last updated on September 14th, 2023 at 07:47 PM
Award-winning, global absorbent apparel brand Modibodi® is celebrating 10 years offering consumers comfort from periods, pee and more, and championing conversations and initiatives that allow people to live more comfortably in themselves.
Founded in 2013, Modibodi® is the OG leak-proof apparel brand, designing underwear, swimwear, activewear and maternity wear to replace disposable hygiene products and offer a sustainable solution to manage periods, incontinence, discharge, breast milk leaks, sweat and more.
Kerry Cusack, Executive Director Modibodi, says “From its very inception, Modibodi, has designed with compassion, offering a sustainable solution to disposable products.
You can see from our decade in market that we have always been driven by pioneering the next big technology in absorbent, leak-proof apparel, and 10 years on continue to be market leaders in providing sustainable, reusable, absorbent leakproof apparel.”
“What sets Modibodi apart today, is our commitment to creating comfortable and effective products to manage periods, incontinence, sweat and more in the most sustainable way we can.
We continue to be committed to using our voice and brand to celebrate diversity and inclusivity, promote self-acceptance and open conversations around our bodies and bodily leaks, and at times challenge unjust cultural or social norms in the name of equality. And we are committed to doing our part to help end period poverty.”
A Decade of Modibodi in 10 Facts
- 2013 Modibodi launches with its Modifier Technology – a world-first patented leak-proof underwear gusset technology.
- Modibodi’s organic cotton is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and Modibodi products are STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified as free from harmful substances to human health
- Modibodi helps people gain access to sustainable period products via their ‘Give a Pair’ program partnership with customers. Currently over 165,000 pants have been donated.
- Modibodi undies can be found in the Museum of Applied Arts and Science (Powerhouse Museum) as an iconic Australian invention in their permanent collection.
- 2017 saw the brand launch the world’s first leak-proof swimwear, the ideal solution for light periods and bladder leaks in and out of the water.
- Modibodi launched ‘The New Way to Period’ a film to normalise conversations about periods, portraying blood as red and showing real-life scenarios menstruating people could relate to. The film upset Facebook, which labelled the scenes showing blood ‘sensational’, and temporarily banned it, however, Modibodi took a stand and refused to remove them, resulting in the film being reinstated
- 2020 Modibodi designs the innovative adaptive Detachable Bikini with a hook-and-eye side fastening for easy removal of underwear, helping give people of all abilities the independence to manage their leaks with ease and comfort.
- Modibodi offers paid menstrual, menopause and miscarriage leave. The policy allows employees to have the option to take paid leave days for either menstruation, menopause or miscarriage, or to choose to work from home during days when they’re feeling discomfort.
- Modibodi partnered with PUMA to help to 3 in 5 girls dropping out of sport due to the fear of leaking on their period in uncomfortable uniforms
- 2023 saw the brand launch a binge-worthy new period drama starring TikTok comedian Samantha Andrew. Enter ‘I’m Dying Inside’, a social-first show that speaks to the Gen Z experiences of menstruation in a very real yet entertaining way, helping to break taboos and start important conversations about the diversity of period experiences.
To celebrate 10 years of being period underwear experts and making life-changing products their customers are obsessed with, Modibodi will have 3 epic deals launching across the entire month of September to give consumers an extra special bday gift.