Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 06:14 PM
Golf fans will experience the excitement of the PGA TOUR’s FedExCup Playoffs in a fun-filled, fan-friendly environment when the 2023 BMW Championship returns to Olympia Fields Country Club in Olympia Fields, Illinois, this week.
“We’re excited to complement a week of incredible competition with an unforgettable fan experience,” said Vince Pellegrino, Western Golf Association’s Senior Vice President of Tournaments.
“With an engaging lineup of activities and fan enhancements across the grounds, guests of all ages will have a first-class experience at the BMW Championship.”
The Star-Studded Field
The top 50 players in the PGA TOUR FedExCup standings will compete in the 2023 BMW Championship to win the historic J.K. Wadley Trophy and earn one of 30 spots in the season-ending TOUR Championship.
Headlining the star-studded field are Scottie Scheffler and Jon Rahm, winner of the 2020 BMW Championship at Olympia Fields Country Club.
Top winners on the PGA TOUR in 2023 – Max Homa, Viktor Hovland, Wyndham Clark, Rickie Fowler and Brian Harman – are also set to play, as well as past BMW Championship winners Rory McIlroy, Jason Day and Keegan Bradley.
Two-time defending champion Patrick Cantlay will compete to become the event’s first three-time winner since BMW became the title partner in 2007.
Fans of all ages can enjoy activations and experiences across the grounds. Access the official spectator map here to plan routes to specific holes, hospitality areas or activations.
- The BMW Experience, located behind the clubhouse, will feature a driving range, merchandise for purchase and the BMW Championship Putting Challenge presented by Swag Golf for fans. A collection of BMW’s latest products, including the plug-in hybrid-electric BMW XM Sports Activity Vehicle and flagship BMW 7 Series Sedan, will be on display. The Evans Scholars Foundation Caddie Yard, located within the BMW Experience, features various ESF-inspired merchandise, created by select partners. A portion of proceeds will go to the ESF, the charitable beneficiary of the BMW Championship.
- Electric Vehicle Showcase: “Destination Recharge,” located between the 10th and 18th holes, offers guests an up-close look at the brand’s growing lineup of fully electric models. The space also features local food trucks and access to the shaded First Tee Game Changers Pavilion Presented by KPMG. Inside the Game Changers Pavilion, fans can take simulator golf lessons taught by First Tee coaches, putt or draw on a coloring wall. Just outside the pavilion, guests can attempt to recreate Jon Rahm’s stunning 66-footer for birdie during the first playoff hole of the 2020 BMW Championship in the BMW Championship Electric Moments activation.
- Specialty Food and Drink: Iconic local restaurants will give visitors an authentic taste of Chicagoland. Food trucks from Buona Beef and The Original Rainbow Cone are stationed at Destination Recharge, Aurelio’s Pizza is behind the 16th green, and Soul & Smoke BBQ is at the 15th hole fairway.
- Gardner Heidrick Pro-Am: On Wednesday, Aug. 16, watch PGA TOUR professionals and amateurs tee off in the Gardner Heidrick Pro-Am, including sports figures like Jay Williams, CC Sabathia and Victor Cruz. The event is the biggest one-day fundraiser for the Evans Scholars Foundation, which sends youth caddies to college on full housing and tuition scholarships. All proceeds from the BMW Championship benefit the ESF; since 2007, BMW has contributed more than $45 million to help send deserving caddies to college.
- The First Tee – Greater Chicago Junior Golf Clinic, featuring TOUR professional Eric Cole, will take place at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16. Youth aged 16 and under are encouraged to attend the free event and will receive complimentary ice cream from Zarlengo’s Soft Serve. Golf influencer Cailyn Henderson will host the clinic, which takes place near the driving range behind the clubhouse.
Schedule and Tickets
Professional practice rounds begin at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, with gates open at 7:30 a.m. Tee times for the Gardner Heidrick Pro-Am on Wednesday, Aug. 16, begin at 8 a.m., with gates open at 7:30 a.m. Gates open at 7:30 a.m. Thursday through Sunday, with tee times beginning at 8:10 a.m. daily.
To purchase tickets, visit bmwchampionship.com/tickets. Youth 15 and under receive free grounds admission when accompanied with an adult.
Active duty, retirees, active reserve and veterans of any military branch are offered a complimentary ticket on each day of the BMW Championship.
The BMW Championship will use mobile entry, enabling fans to easily manage, view, scan and transfer tickets. More ticket information can be found here.
Parking and Transportation
General fan parking (G-Lot) will be at Lincoln Mall (255 Lincoln Mall Dr., Matteson, Illinois). Passes must be purchased in advance.
A complimentary shuttle will take fans to the course; service begins 30 minutes before gates open and runs throughout the day. Shuttle service concludes one hour after play has finished.
The rideshare pick-up and drop-off location is at Gate 1 (3033 203rd St., Olympia Fields, Illinois). Drop-offs and pick-ups are not allowed near the club’s front gate or residential areas.
Spectators can also ride the Metra Electric Line (ME) to the Olympia Fields Station, located next to the Gate 1 Entrance, or park their vehicle and utilize Park and Ride Metra stations along the ME route.
For updates during the 2023 BMW Championship, follow the conversation with:
- Facebook: facebook.com/BMWChampionship
- Twitter: @BMWchamps, @PGATOUR, @WGAESF
- Instagram: @BMWChamps, @PGATOUR, @BMWUSA
- Hashtags: #BMWChamps #BMWGolf #PGATOUR #FedExCup