Last updated on January 15th, 2022 at 02:07 PM
With Blue Monday on the horizon and many people feeling the wrath of the mid-January slog, it’s hard to stick to your New Year resolutions and lots of us start to give up around this time of the month.
Whether it’s giving up Dry January (as a recent poll showed that half of Brits do around this time), or jacking in the new gym membership, a lot of people find it hard to stay motivated.
Celebrity personal trainer PMAC, who has partnered with SmileDirectClub to become a member of their Confidence Council, a group of experts designed to shine a light on the transformational power of a smile and get Brits feeling confident again.
PMACS Top Tips:
- Create goals that include bad habits so it’s part of your plan and you don’t feel like you’re going off track e.g. plan for an occasional Friday takeaway
- Make your goals small and realistic and make sure they can fit your current lifestyle so it’s not a drastic change e.g. if you’re not a morning person don’t plan to work out in the morning
- Stop striving for perfection. Adopt an 80/20 approach to allow for flexibility in your diet and lifestyle
- Focus on one thing and stay consistent with it. Don’t try and do everything all at once
- Imagine yourself this time next year in the exact same position. That alone should motivate you to keep going on.
- Plan your next meal whilst you’re eating. You make better food choices when you’re full
PMAC is also running an InstaLive on Monday 17th for Blue Monday to help people stay motivated and keep their fitness resolutions – P M A C | PT & Online Coach (@pmacfitness) • Instagram photos and videos