Garmin has announced the winners of the 2022 Garmin Health Awards at the 4th annual Garmin Health Summit held in Rome on Sept. 29-30.
The event recognizes cutting-edge health care and wellness solutions that successfully leverage Garmin technology to provide long-term benefits and improve outcomes for businesses, patients and population health.
Three awards for Most Innovative Solutions were granted in the categories of Engagement, Health Care and Insurance.
“Garmin Health is proud to again recognize some of the world’s most promising health and wellness solutions,” said Jörn Watzke, Garmin Health senior director of global B2B sales.
“The innovation and creativity shown by this year’s applicants is truly inspiring, and we congratulate our winners for creating innovative and meaningful solutions that successfully leverage physiological data to provide long-term benefits.”
The 2022 Garmin Health Awards winners in each category and finalists are listed below.
Winner: Wild AI (Great Britain)
- The Wild AI app helps women train, eat and recover in alignment with their physiology, whether they are menstruating, using birth control or in menopause.
- NudgeLabs (Sweden)
- NudgeLabs provides biometric and tech-enabled live coaching to prevent burnout and enhance employee performance.
- Wondercise Technology Corporation (Taiwan)
- The Wondercise Fitness App is an online fitness training system, personal wellness monitor, and a social media community, made possible by connecting to supported Garmin devices.
Category: Health Care
Winner: Kyushu Institute of Technology (Japan)
- The Shibata & Sozo Lab conducted a study – Predicting and Forecasting Parkinson’s Disease Patients’ Wearing-Off – using Garmin vívosmart® 4 wearables. The study helps researchers predict & forecast wearing-off periods among Parkinson’s disease patients.
- Defense Innovation Unit (US)
- Rapid Analysis of Threat Exposure (RATE) is an infectious disease awareness algorithm that uses biometric data from commercial wearables and leverages machine learning to produce a score of how likely someone is to be infected with an illness.
- Aparito (Great Britain)
- Atom5™ is an iOS & Android-compatible platform that captures patient data for hybrid and decentralized clinical trials to streamline the drug development process.
Winner: Nan Shan Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Digital Health Keeper BAM App provides a comprehensive health management application based on biological age.
- YuLife (Great Britain)
- YuLife delivers financial products, including group life insurance, group income protection and critical illness cover, that improve lives and reward well-being.
- Income Insurance Limited (Singapore)
- SNACK By Income – SNACKFIT is a lifestyle-based insurance proposition that offers bonus insurance coverage based on biological age.
Finalists for the Most Innovative Solutions award presented a 3-minute pitch video during the Garmin Health Summit and responded to questions from a four-person panel that included experts from each award category as well as a Garmin Health representative.
Winners received up to 50 world-class Garmin wearables, worth an estimated $10,000, and were chosen based on their solution’s benefit, scalability, uniqueness, innovation and successful integration of Garmin smartwatches, fitness trackers or smart scales.