Last updated on January 30th, 2022 at 11:42 AM
The flavours of Autumn and Halloween come to the life in this decadent seasonal treat.
These scrumptious muffins are packed with Paleo ingredients and have the added benefit of a protein punch from Natures Plus Pumpkin Seed Protein!
Enjoy as a snack to give you a boost during an afternoon dip or pop in your bag for the ideal on-the-go breakfast.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. Natures Plus Pumpkin Seed Protein
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ¾ canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with muffin cases
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, Natures Plus Pumpkin Seed Protein and salt. Stir and break up any large clumps.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla to the mixture. Stir well until completely mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tin. Leave about ¼ empty space at the top so the mixture doesn’t overflow whilst baking.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein from Natures Plus (RRP £25.70, www.naturesplus.com) provides 15g of protein and 3000mg of healthy pumpkin fatty acids per serving.
This pure and natural protein comes straight from pumpkin seeds, allowing you to get all the natural benefits without any artificial additives.