By David Saunders, Health Editor | UPDATED: 08:28, 08 July 2020
Withings, pioneer of the connected health movement and analog connected watches, today announced Withings Move, a stylish and affordable analog watch with built-in advanced activity and sleep tracking capabilities along with a completely customisable design to fit users’ personalities and preferences.
Known for helping people monitor their health and reach goals through sophisticated and beautifully designed products that seamlessly fit into everyday lives, Withings first introduced its premium connected analog watch design with Activité four years ago.
Available today for preorder, Move brings even more options to the Withings activity tracker range with its accessible price tag of $69.95, record 18-month battery life and unique personalisation offering.
Move boasts the same features and capabilities people enjoy from Withings’ activity tracker portfolio and a new customisation option that allows people to choose from a range of case, wristband, dial, handle, watch face colours and material combinations.
“Since we launched Activité four years ago, we’ve seen the power of offering fashionably designed devices that people can effortlessly incorporate into their lives to monitor and help take control of their personal health,” said Eric Carreel, President of Withings. “Withings Move brings this combination of fashion and technology to a new level, offering advanced activity and sleep tracking capabilities, a superior 18month battery life for an amazing price of just $69.95 all in an analog watch that people can customise in countless ways.”
Personalised to Perfection
Move is a traditional timepiece available in a 38mm frame option that features three dials. Two dials display the time and one dial visualises user activity progression from 0 to 100, based on the steps objectives set in the Health Mate app, letting users see their daily progress at a glance.
To fit everyone’s personal style and fashion sense, Move’s initial collection will be available online in the U.S. in five different color options. After the release, the collection will continue to expand with additional design schemes launching each month and on special occasions. The options available include different colours, cases and wristband materials, as well as glass types.
Later in the year, users will be able to completely customise Move down to the colours of the dials. People can showcase their personalities in countless ways by creating their very own custom watch easily on the Withings’ website.
Sophisticated Tracking Day & Night
Move, one of the most affordable and customisable trackers on the market, will also come packed with the advanced activity and sleep tracking features users have come to expect from Withings.
It connects to the dedicated Health Mate app for iOS and Android that provides data, insights, scheduled activity reminders and the ability to set goals and manage successes. It also connects with more than 100 third-party apps such as Apple Health, Google Fit, or MyFitnessPal. Move will have the following capabilities:
Activity & Workout Tracking:
• Automatic recognition of daily activities including walking, running, swimming and for the first time on a Withings watch, cycling. Sessions that are automatically detected are recorded in the Health Mate app, which shows the duration and calories burned during a given activity.
Overall daily and weekly steps, calories burned and distance are also shown within the app.
• On-demand workout mode allows users to record a specific session by pressing a button on the watch to activate its connected GPS (via BLE) feature. Pace, time and distance are shown in real-time on a paired smartphone and the workout route is mapped after the session in the Health Mate app.
• Water resistance up to 50 meters and up to 18 months battery life.
• Sophisticated sleep monitoring and analysis of sleep patterns, including length, depth and quality of sleep.
• Smart Wake-up that will wake users with vibration alarms at the most optimal times during their sleep cycle.
• Provision of preparatory Sleep Score based on data such as sleep duration, depth regularity and interruptions.
• Access to the Sleep Smarter Program, consisting of eight weeks of recommendations to improve sleep patterns.
Move is available now in the U.S. for pre-order in an initial five colour options on withings.com for $69.95 with the initial shipping beginning February 5. Additional colour and materials schemes will rollout throughout 2019 with full customisation to be available later in the year.