Electronic Arts announce the release of the latest installment of its free-to-play* mobile baseball franchise, MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2022, the first game released by Electronic Arts following its acquisition of Glu Mobile last year.
MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2022is available now as a free* download worldwide on the App Store™ for iPhone and iPad, Google Play™ for Android devices and Amazon.
In collaboration with Major League Baseball (MLB) and MLB Players, Inc. (MLBPI), this year’s release features Philadelphia Phillies right fielder and reigning National League MVP Bryce Harper as MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2022’s cover athlete.
The latest edition of the game brings an authentic MLB experience with new features and updates for the 2022 season.
Harper is a six-time MLB All-Star and won his second career National League MVP in 2021 with a .309 batting average, 35 home runs and 84 RBI. Harper also led the National League with 78 extra-base hits and tied for the Major League lead with 42 doubles.
“This marks the worldwide release of the latest Tap Sports Baseball mobile game and we believe players globally will now have the latest, most authentic Tap Sports game ever at their fingertips with one-tap controls anyone can master,” said Andrew Pedersen, EA Vice President of Mobile – Sports.
“This season, we’re excited to bring a more streamlined and responsive UI experience along with greater depth and improved realism that allow for players to compete amongst the very best on the diamond!”
A franchise known for its simple controls and tap-to-play approach with more than 56 million franchise downloads worldwide, this year’s installment brings new and improved features and updates for players to build their own MLB dynasty, play in authentic MLB ballparks, and experience nine innings of real-time baseball action right at their fingertips.
The all-new features in MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2022 include:
- Champions Tier – A brand new way for players to earn rewards for their baseball accomplishments – complete challenging tasks and rank in Club Events to climb up through Champions Tiers and earn better in-game rewards.
- Avatar Gear – Customize your team in a variety of ways by equipping your avatar with all-new gear that provides in-game boosts to your lineup and shows off your unique style.
- New Leaderboards and Rewards – Flexible leaderboards for all of the different in-game scenarios and even more rewards from new Club events and the latest and greatest Weekly Content.
- Improved Visual Fidelity – Physics-based rendering and textures that create ultra-realistic player models and over 300 new motion-capture animations to provide a more authentic baseball experience.
- Revamped UI – The latest UI improvements for a cleaner, more streamlined and responsive experience for both new and existing users alongside improvements to player models and animations.
Players who want to keep their All-Star Levels and bring over Keeper players from MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2021 into MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2022 can do so by finding out more information on the help page here.
In April 2021, Electronic Arts completed its acquisition of Glu Mobile Inc. as part of its strategic focus on delivering exceptional experiences and top live services for more players and on more platforms, with an emphasis on accelerating growth in mobile. MLB Tap SportsBaseball 2022is the first title to be released from Glu Sports as part of the Electronic Arts family.
MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2022 is developed by Glu Sports and is now available worldwide for download on the App Store™ for iPhone and iPad, Google Play™ for Android devices and Amazon HERE.
*Persistent internet connection required. Age restrictions apply. Includes in-game purchases (including random items).