When your tummy feels good, you feel good too.
Our gut health affects almost every aspect of our overall health from how well we sleep and how often we catch a cold, to our mental wellbeing and happiness.
Containing 1 billion cultures* and over 4g of fibre per 50g serving, Lizi’s brand new Digestive Health Granola is the first cereal to help maintain healthy digestion whilst supporting your tummy’s good bacteria.
It’s the tastiest way to give your digestion a helping hand whilst enjoying the essential flavour and crunch of much loved Lizi’s Granola.
A fruit trifle is the perfect summer dish and this version is great for your gut too.
Packed full of fibre, this vegan trifle uses chia seeds (a nutritional powerhouse which is rich in omega-3 fats), summer fruits, coconut cream and Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola which is full of good gut bacteria.
5 tbsp of chia seeds
300ml of water
4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
5 heaped tbsp of dairy-free yoghurt
75g of raspberries
150g of strawberries
250ml coconut cream*
A handful of blueberries
175g of Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola
*If you can’t source coconut cream, tinned coconut milk can work just as well for this too, although it has a slightly thinner texture.
You’ll need to refrigerate the tin for a few hours beforehand so the mix will harden (and cause the mixture to separate).
Once refrigerated, scoop the solid mix out of the tin for your cream and leave most of the liquid behind for a ‘cream-like’ substitute.
1. Add the chia seeds to a mixing bowl and stir in 300ml of water (if you’re making this dish bigger or smaller, always stick to a ratio of 1:6 when it comes to chia seeds and water). Put the dish to one side to soak.
2. After ten minutes, the chia seeds will have absorbed the water to form a gel-like consistency (if the mixture is still a little dry, continue to slowly add more water).
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons of your coconut cream to your chia seeds. This will form the base of the trifle.
4. Pour chia seed mix into the base of the dish.
5. Slice your kiwis and layer over the chia seed mix.
6. Pour dairy free yoghurt over the kiwi layer until covered.
7. Sprinkle over your raspberries and half of the Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola
8. Spoon over your coconut cream to form the final layer of this trifle.
9. Garnish this layer with strawberries, granola and blueberries.
Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola: RRP £3.70 for 350g, available in Sainsburys and Ocado.