Last updated on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:54 PM
June 8, 2019 marks Global Wellness Day, an international celebration of the mantra, “one day can change your whole life.”
Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara is hosting a day-long program of enlightening, invigorating and downright fun activities with wellness experts Bobbi Hamilton, Joanna Trailov, and Chef de Cuisine James Waters.
A healthy lifestyle is prevalent in Southern California. Embracing healthy eating and exercising regularly is equally important as being present and creating a mind-body connection.
On Saturday, June 8, guests will discover fitness and wellness classes to inspire lifestyle changes and a new outlook on well-being.
Let the culinary team at Seasons Restaurant at Aviara surprise and delight with a menu of flavorful, nourishing and healthy brunch fare, beginning at 11:00 am.
Chef de Cuisine, James Waters’s relationships with local farmers and purveyors means the restaurant always uses the best and freshest of the season in creative preparations inspired by the California coast.
Following lunch, guests will find a “wellness Pop Up” at Driftwood Spa highlighting shopping and local vendors focused on healthy living featuring EmerginC and Lululemon.
Join Chef de Cuisine James Waters and Fitness Instructor and Nutrition Counselor Joanna Trailov in “Plant Now, Thrive Tomorrow”, a hands-on cooking class focusing on cooking with seeds.
Based on the “seed cycling” concept, it stresses the importance of including seeds such as pumpkin, sesame and sunflower in our diets to achieve a healthy hormonal equilibrium.
This is a hands-on workshop that promises to be fun, educational and delicious!
What better way to jump-start the connection between mind and body than with a selection of fitness-related classes and activities that encourage slowing down? Here’s a look at the different options available:
- Guided Morning Walk at Batiquitos Lagoon: Begin Global Awareness Day with a 7:00 am guided morning walk just across the road from Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara. Take in the sounds of the water lapping on the shore mingling with the rhythm of bird song.
- Family Yoga: Set a good example for all members of the family with a fun yoga class at 10:00 led by celebrity yoga instructor and meditation teacher, Bobbi Hamilton.
- Bobbi studied Tibetan Energetic Yoga Therapy under former Tibetan monk Lobsang Dhargya (an aid to the Dalai Lama). As the creator of Chi Fresh Yoga Mats, Bobbi is committed to making fitness fun for kids.
- Bobbi will introduce young guests to a special 60-minute class in the Yoga Pavilion in which they will have fun stretching, breathing and learning to adopt a sense of calm and mindfulness. Mats will be provided for the class.
Sunset Yoga: Closeout a spectacular day of wellness and self-reflection with a restorative yet relaxing yoga session at 7:00 pm, led by skilled Reiki practitioner and yoga instructor, Joanna Trailov.
- Joanna specialises in Yoga Therapy to evoke vibrancy in her clients through a variety of healing modalities. Her clients––including heart patients and cancer patients, those in rehabilitation, prenatal, children, professional athletes and more—have all benefited from her soulful approach to healing and getting in shape.
Guests will also find a “Wellness Pop Up” kiosk at Aviara highlighting healthy-living brands and outside vendors.
And to celebrate and indulge, Driftwood Spa is extending 20 percent off all treatments (excluding the nail salon) plus a complimentary enhancement of choice throughout the Global Wellness Day celebration.
For more information, please contact the Four Seasons Residence Club Guest Experiences team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 (760) 603-3700.