Last updated on July 30th, 2022 at 04:45 PM
Active London 2022 returns as their first in-person conference since 2019. This year’s conference will put Places and Spaces under the microscope by looking at health inequalities, active environments and design, and children and young people.
Active London is the largest annual conference dedicated wholly to the future of physical activity and sport in the nation’s capital, and will take place 30 Euston Square, London on Wednesday 21 September.
Across the day, attendees will get to hear opening remarks from London Sport CEO, Emily Robinson, listen to inspiring talks from our keynote speakers and choose from an exciting line-up of sessions. As well as this, attendees also can partake in a fitness routine to celebrate National Fitness Day.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the topics to be covered on the day:
- Youth voice in designing active spaces
- Health benefits of connecting people to local spaces
- Designing in physical activity
- Activating Places & Spaces through technology
- Importance of accessibility in active environments
- Animating underused spaces to create opportunities for physical activity
- Lessons learned from the Olympic and Paralympic legacy
- Activating green spaces for physical activity
- Looking beyond London: what can we learn from cities around the world?
You can see the full agenda here.
Events Manager, Laurence Shenker said:
“We are incredibly excited to welcome the grassroots physical activity and sport sector back to our first in-person conference since 2019, inviting you all to be part of the conversation to shape the future of sport and physical activity in London.
We are excited to announce our stellar line-up of inspirational speakers over the coming weeks – so stay tuned!”
Tickets for Active London are on sale now. Get your tickets here.